Tuesday 23 August 2016

selective optimism

Selective optimism
How I wish optimism was given a fair chance.
Well! Blame it on we getting used to the deadly pessimism.
...
How I wish people actually walked their talk.
Well! Blame it on their talk being unwalkable.
How I wish we were not robotic in our existence.
Well! Blame it on the punctual pause wherein we time our breaths too.
How I wish we were not shackled by our schedules.
Well! Blame it on our need to confirm.
How I wish we would devour our transition for just a moment more.
Well! Blame it on it being an empty, lonely spot.
How I wish we could take solace in our quilt.
Well! Blame it on our overwhelming emotion of guilt.
How I wish our hunger was satiated by synonyms.
Well! Blame it on the glorified attraction of antonyms.
How I wish we were not emotional parasites.
Well! Blame it on we finding our solitary rendevouz restless.
How I wish we dont massacre our privilege to follow our heart.
Well! Blame it on the rationalization of our mind.
How I wish we would get lured by the eternal dance.
Well! Blame it on the serendipitous encounters of our life.
How I wish we were not selective in our optimism.
Well! Blame it on the obvious omnipresence of pessimism.
By Purvi K

No comments:

Post a Comment